[dvd-discuss] Re: What does "availability for use" mean?

I'm sorry, I still don't understand this.  Item 2 is:

"(ii) the availability for use of works for nonprofit archival, preservation,
and educational purposes;"

According to your explanation, this refers to whether companies would make more
or fewer works of these categories available to users in the future.

But your example on EFF's site says that "(ii) Decrypting censorware
blacklists allows them to be archived in human-readable form, and used for
educational purposes".  This sounds different from your explanation.  Instead
of being about what works companies would produce in the future, it is about
new uses for preexisting works.