Re: [dvd-discuss] Gaming the system (was: Specific ironies of the CTEA)

Hi
At 08:03 PM 12/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, John Zulauf wrote:
>
> > **this is subject to wondrous abuse, have my child preview my creative
> > work, accept one of his/her changes (with no prompting, honest?) and
> > list them as a co-author.  I'm surprised that no mogul offspring has
> > their name on a work.  Of course they could be listed under pen names...
>
>I've suggested that possibility before.
>
>Another "cheat" of the US copyright system occurred to me today, due to the
>timing difference between works for hire (75 pre-Bono, 95 at the moment) and
>works of authorship (life+50 pre-Bono, life+70 after).[*]
>
>If the author is willing to bet that he will live less than 25 more years, he
>should incorporate, and publish all his future works as "works for hire" of
>the corporation.  This would buy his heirs (25-remain lifespan) extra years
>under copyright.
>
>Kurt.

What about Tokien and the works published from notes?  Or Douglas Adams and
the current book out from notes that were published?  They (if I remember
correctly) did not think they were going to have their heirs publish them.
Please excuse if this has been asked but I was curious.
Thank you
Jack