Re: [dvd-discuss] Specific ironies of the CTEA

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 12:37  PM, Ballowe, Charles wrote:

> [...]
Hmm. I seem to recall a a Charles Sheffield novel which features a
composer and his dead wife, who are frozen for (eventually) billions of
years. Sheffield, like, Larry Niven, proposes a type of indentured
servitude to pay off the cryogenic maintenance  debts.

In the story, the composer's works have, of course, declined in
commercial value-- the only reason that he is reanimated is that the
cultural interest in the composer's period has been, to a certain
extent, revived.

Jeremy