Re: [dvd-discuss] COMDEX speech

That's a good point. As has been discussed before, there is nothing in the copyright clause that entitles one to make a profit off copyrighted material. If somebody called George, wants to spend $1B to make the ultimate motion picture, there is no reason to give it one bit more copyright protection than anyone else.  Nor does the copyright clause encourage George to spend that $1B or does it exist for him to maximize his profits.

Joshua Stratton <cpt@gryphon.auspice.net>

11/20/2002 10:02 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss