Re: [dvd-discuss] Sklyarov denied Visa to return to US for trial.

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 13:23, Tom wrote:
> The CIA definitely has more experience training and supporting
> terrorists or conduction operations themselves than they do with
> writing poems or songs, so - uh, or did you mean what is more important
> to _prevent_ ?
>

> On a more serious note: Doing away with the idiotic concept of
> "intellectual property" is almost certainly more important. Terrorism
> kills a few thousand people in a good year, the patents on HIV drugs
> alone kill several times that.

Sorry, but not treating someone is not the same as killing someone.
Just as me keeping a secret from you is not the same as lying to you.  I
don't think the concept of intellectual property is "idiotic", just the
current laws in place that deal with it.

 -- noah silva