RE: [dvd-discuss] Salon Artice on DVD Commentary

But I think there is no question that the media content providers would
dearly love to have the "unofficial guide to ..." classified as a
derivative work and so infringes upon copyright. What does it matter that
it is just reporting the FACTS upon what characters and their actions were
during each episode? The truly important thing is that the cash flow be
preserved!  Honestly, I'm reaching a point that whenever I read/hear
somebody talking about preserving the sanctity of intellectual property I
check if my wallet is still in my pocket.

Richard Hartman <hartman@onetouch.com>
09/27/2002 09:27 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss