Re: [dvd-discuss] [OT] Model for copyright?

Well, originally the government (circa 1536) wanted to control publishing.
Then in 1706 The Statute of Anne - aka a 'Statute to Improve learning' was
mainly to give control of copyright works to a section of the community. the
battle between authors' rights and publishers' rights continued for some
time. So what's different now? Different sections of the community believe
that they should have more rights than another section based on what they do.
Is that so wrong? I believe that the balance will swing depending on public
opinion AT THAT TIME. There is no indefensible argument for or against
copyright or incentivising authors.
Good luck in your search - I am sure that it will be transitory.
Carl Calvert