[dvd-discuss] Re: Geeks in government: A good idea?

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:48:11 -0700, "Michael A Rolenz" <Michael.A.Rolenz@aero.org> writes:

> Imagine 70Million convicted felons that are now disenfranchised as
> citizens....He might think that is a wonderful thing...I think it
> disruptive to society and likely to create major social unrest. Take a
> look at the last time there was a whole body of disenfranchised citizens -
> Reconstruction.

Big deal..

How many US citizens have made recreational use of drugs?

How many arrests in the 'war on drugs' in the last 20 years?

How many are in prison?

How many people would trade mp3's during such a war? Could the, say,
million or so teenagers be placed in 'youth homes' to fix the error of
their ways? The pushers would be jailed.

Don't say 'there are too many of us they can't jail us all'. There's
more than enough precedent to the contrary. Look at the war on
drugs. Look at WW2 in Germany.

Scott