Re: [dvd-discuss] Geeks in government: A good idea?

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 07:25:43PM -0700, microlenz@earthlink.net wrote:
> DVDCCA and CSS and all that goes down the tubes (where it belongs IMHO). It
> threatened their control. So now they have created enough fear that "where is
> the LINUX GNU,GPL or shareware Windows players?

see my other mail. it didn't work, there ARE free DVD players. what's
more important, the fact that they are there will ensure that the
commercial DVD players (with license) will always contain a "bug" that
allows them to be switched to region free mode. because without that
"bug", they cannot compete any longer.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/2D7A04F5 2002-05-16 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>