RE: [dvd-discuss] Movie Downloads, automatically illegal?

I'm pretty certain that the intent would be determined by
how you set up the file for foreign access.  That is, if you
put it on an FTP server w/ account & password access then you
might be kosher, but if the "guest" account could get at it
then your intent would be judged to be "open distribution".
If you set it up on gnutilla (not familiar with that, but I
_think_ it's an open peer-to-peer file-sharing system similar
to Napster) then you probably would be up a creek.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!