[dvd-discuss] DoS attack on RIAA webstie

Hi
A question on this.  And please let me know if it was posted before.  Sorry
if this was asked before or seems redundant.
I personally agree what the kid did was illegal and should receive what he
got.  But something about the way it was done bothers me.
Did he mention about how he got the scrolling message about downloading is
illegal?  To do it after a download and then get the message could indicate
a few things.  One possibility is the site he went to was a site designed
to mislead and then post the message.  Another possibility was it was
detected (by another site), then the files he download were corrupted and
another site sent the message.  Another possibility is the operating or
application detected it and sent the message.
The kid might of not mentioned it but if there are any details please let
me know.
Thank you