Re: [dvd-discuss] You can go swimming, but....

Yes but the difference is between a license and a sale. GPL is license to
use copyright material, albeit an unconventional one, rather than a sale
of copyright material...exercise for the alert reader...if it is copyright
then what is the term? Since it is a collaborative effort presumably it is
70yrs from the lifetime of the last surviving author. So does every change
made to the code by somebody in the future just keep extending the
copyright term ad infinitum in a way that would have Disney and Jack
Valenti drooling during congressional testimony if they even thought they
could get it?

Jeremy Erwin <jerwin@ponymail.com>
07/23/2002 02:57 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss