RE: [dvd-discuss] You can go swimming, but....

The August issue of DDJ (Dr. Dobb's Journal) has a small
item about some guy (IIRC) who has spoofed the biometric
fingerprint scanners by digitally photographing a fingerprint
on glass then creating a fake finger.  It fooled various
systems (including some w/ so-called "live finger" sensors)
with an ~80% success rate.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!