RE: [dvd-discuss] Eldred Amicus

Seth,

I found the floppy; unfortunately, it is corrupted and unrecoverable.  I had originally used a set of volumes (books, imagine that!) that had his writings and communications.  I no longer have access to them; however, I have found a number of web sites devoted to the same thing.    I will have to research Jefferson's writings and get back to you.  As I remember, I think it was in a portion of his writings when he was discussing monopolies.  Probably after 1788 as prior to this time he was quite adamant in his opposition to any (government sanctioned) monopoly.