Re: [dvd-discuss] Eldred Amicus

I should rephrase that. the MAXIMUM term for a copyrightable work should
be somewhere between 28 and 50 yrs. I've argued previously that a uniform
term for copyright is not desireable and that the terms should reflect the
actual usable lifetime.  I think  Ernest Miller is correct that the
confusion between copyright protection and copy protection is a large part
fo the problem with the system today. For example,  executable code does
not deserve copyright protection but copy protection (of 5-10 yrs). ..

Actually, there is considerable amount of music and films that are older
than 15 or even 28yrs that people do indeed watch. Casablanca is a steady
seller. So is GWTW and don't forget Disney cartoons (the REAL Disney
cartoons that Walt Disney made or supervised..not the pablum with the
Disney label produced today). Same too for music

"someone somewhere" <chaos755@hotmail.com>
05/29/2002 03:48 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss