RE: [dvd-discuss] Comparing DeCSS with legitimate code.

Yes. The simple question that the court and the DVDCCA, MPAA etc skirt
around is "Do I or Do I not own all property rights of the DVD when I
purchase it?" If so, then the whole idea of circumvention (except for the
purposes of copyright infringement) is irrelevant. If I don't then
SOMEBODY better explain to the legal community and the people of the world
why thousands of years of accepted principles of law and commerce have
just  been chucked.

Richard Hartman <hartman@onetouch.com>
05/24/2002 09:15 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss