RE: [dvd-discuss] ``irreparable damage to my client''

at the time that the story was published, the Web was an active
resource and I believe dejanews was operating. I'd have to double
check that, but web based nntp reading/archiving wouldn't have
been too far off. Knowing this, a post to usenet would be implied
license to republish on the web as part of usenet archives. I might
question whether this would extend to a republishing outside of
usenet archives, of course IANAL.

-charlie