Re: [dvd-discuss] ``irreparable damage to my client''

yesterday I wrote:

> How about a function
> of your search engine which searches reality? I know, Sara is tired and
> sick of reality--he/she wants peace... and just a few bucks too.
>
> Tell me more about:
> Entertainment & Media Counselors, LLC
> www.emcmatrix.com
> www.musicindustrylaw.com

I see that the lawyers are claiming infringement against Google's ability
to archive and serve Usenet's materials. But the only limit to Usenet's
availibility has always been the available disk quotas on any news server.
So, this is an attack directly on the [live today] Usenet as well.

I guess we can assume Ms. Glover never read
http://www.landfield.com/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1/
or
http://www.landfield.com/faqs/usenet/what-is/part2/
before traipsing into alt.sex.*

In 1997, Usenet gave Vivian (or Sara or whoever) the ability to speak
to the world. She chose to tell the world a spanking story. Now,
he or she has become a pawn for a music industry attack on free
speech. If I were her, I'd not be ashamed of my past free speech,
but my current attack on the same.

Obviously, this is a music industry attack on alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.*
using an easy vehicle: who will support Google's right to host old
alt.sex.spanking stories?

Deja news--and now Google--are true Internet pioneers that have taken
the essence of the Internet--public news postings--and made them
into a resource of the first order.

If this is what musicians and the music industry wants, I'll make my
own damn music.

7607 6FA2 6485 3707  42D1 99AD 7E20 52FD