RE: [dvd-discuss] How many bits is a technical protection measure?

Ain't that always the way?  HTML was supposed
to be a platform-independant markup language.
The tags designated elements at a conceptual
level (heading level 1, title, paragraph,
list item, etc.) and the program reading the
file would render the element in whichever
way it saw fit (or was capable of).  Then they
decided to add in all the "real" formatting
... colors, fonts ... and with "DHTML" even
positioning of elements ... in the end, all
of the micro-management of format information
negates the whole original idea of marking
up by content as opposed to appearance.

Same deal here.  PDF was supposed to be
portable, but if you use a font you can't
distribute with the document, just how
portable is it?

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!