Re: [dvd-discuss] DeCSS/DVD FAQ Overhaul

I've already received a few comments and suggestions to private email
about the FAQ.  I've got a couple of further requests:

1.  Please send FAQ correspondence to dvdfaq@greslin.org.  I can't
    guarantee that I'll get to your email in a timely manner otherwise.

2.  Updates, drafts and rewrites are fine, but please cite references -
    preferably ones that can be linked and verified on the Web.  If it
    can't be backed up, it's not going in the FAQ (or at least it'll be
    strongly challenged).

    Press stories, links to legal sites, EFF press releases, etc are all
    fine provided that I can verify them.  *Reliable* hearsay will be
    recorded as such.

3.  *Please* no new FAQ questions.  I realize that it's been two years
    since the last update, and a LOT has happened in that time, but first we
    need to audit the FAQ as it stands and bring it up to speed.  Sklyarov,
    the SSSCA/CBDTPA, etc are all important issues but lie outside the scope
    of the FAQ for now.

    Let's get a handle on everything that's broken.  Then we can start
    adding new material.

4.  Keep updated copy clean, and the politics to a minimum.  I want to keep
    the focus on the facts, and to try to stay as objective as possible.
    This may mean including some unpopular material from time to time (such
    as unpleasant facts or opposing viewpoints) for the sake of maintaining
    integrity.  Necessary evil: it increases the chances of the FAQ being
    taken seriously as a factual document by members of the press.  The
    idea is to be informative, not necessarily persuasive.

Thanks,

--
Rob Warren                              Email: rob@greslin.org
AIM: Greslin2                           Web: http://www.greslin.org