The "broadcast flag" (was: Re: [dvd-discuss] More entertainment.)

Michael A Rolenz writes:

> He's just showing his true agenda
>
> "What needs to happen is we all sit down
> together in good-faith negotiations and come to some
> conclusions on how we can construct a broadcast flag (for
> keeping digital TV content off the Internet), "

We've been following the "broadcast flag" idea since November.

It will be very hard to prevent this legislative proposal from
succeeding when so many powerful industries are behind it.  It's a
narrow mandate which is likely to be a part of the "compromise"
SSSCA/CBDPTA.

Here's our news site about it:

http://www.eff.org/blogs/bpdg/

--