Re: [dvd-discuss] Dion's new CD crashing party for some users

Yes....you're right. It's not fair use...it's REGULAR use.....I'm not a
Celine Dion fan so I have no intention of buying the thing  .....while
they can legitimately claim that the CD is not defective if it won't play
in a CD drive BUT what of other devices? What of your car player or your
RIO player or any other computer type device that isn't a CDROM drive but
may be built from one.

Of course another question is what happens when the CDROM manufacters
simply modify their firmware to not get hosed up when the CD is
inserted....THAT"S CIRCUMVENTION AS DEFINED BY THE DMCA! Not that the DoJ
would file a lawsuit.

Tom <tom@lemuria.org>
04/04/02 08:25 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss