RE: [dvd-discuss] Slightly OT - Japanese copyrights

I think there is a difference between a product that is
delivered by download (in which case you actually did
"buy" something) and broadcast content.  The equivilant
on the internet of broadcast would be streamed.  It is
never _intended_ that you have a copy of a streamed
program.  Any time you view it, it comes off _their_
servers.  Otoh, if content is delivered by download
you _are_ intended to have a copy ... it's just BYOM
(Bring Your Own Media).

Trying to bring this 'round to how the DMCA applies:
digital control mechanisms on things that I _am_
intended to have a copy of: unacceptable.
digital control mechanisms on things that I am _not_
intended to have a copy of: acceptable.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!