RE: [dvd-discuss] Slightly OT - Japanese copyrights

You don't have to buy another car to prove that you owned the one that was
wrecked.

I'm certain the studios believe that ownership of the original means the
right to own a copy and if you don'thave the original any copy you make
must be illegal but the problem with that is that the right to ownership
occurs at the time of purchase. That right is irrevocable whether you have
the original or not. So....if I own a copy and not an original it is NOT
up to me to prove my innocence it is up to whomever accuses me of piracy
to prove that I have done so.

Richard Hartman <hartman@onetouch.com>
02/28/02 12:13 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss