RE: [dvd-discuss] Slightly OT - Japanese copyrights

Oddly enough, that was roughly the subject of last night's
"Law & Order".  Is a firm that sells personal data (even if
collected from public sources) responsible for the uses to
which that data is put?  Do they have an obligation to at
least perform background checks on the people requesting
the data?

According to the script, that answer turned out to be "yes".

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!