RE: [dvd-discuss] Slightly OT - Japanese copyrights

IF anything, I would think the subtitling is "more" legal
("less" illegal?) because you aren't really altering the movie in any way,
you are adding to it for practical purposes, and it is obvious what you
added.

Again, he could just supply patches for VCD DAT files or the DVD data
files for digital media.  Then _he_ is the copyright owner for those
patches, and there is no derivitive work mess, at least not until the
consumer applies the patch.  Maybe the movie studeos would even pay him
for the patches if they want to use them after he has done all of the
editing work.  I personally don't mind the sex too much though ;)

 -- noah silva