RE: [dvd-discuss] Eldred v. Ashcroft Accepted forReviewbySCOTUS

WOOOOWWWWW....this is getting serious! If the copyright can be
retroactively extended to Santa Claus then royalities have to paid for every
shopping season for copyright infringment-some percentage of the sales
that were generated as a consequence of the infringement. Well...there
goes the GNP for the next century!  I couldn't care less about Mickey Mouse
but Santa Claus? While as an adult I know there is no Tooth Fairy or Easter
Bunny but no Santa Claus! Who could doubt that he exists on Christmas
morning!

All    :-) and hehe     aside....that's a good observation. "Be careful what you
ask for. You just might get it." Maybe Golan v Ashcroft may want to make
that point about retroactive copyrights.