RE: [dvd-discuss] Hearing on "Sovereign Immunity and the Protection ofIntellectual Property"

I can imagine that if Civil Rights is one thing that the Feds can force
states to waive sovereight immunity for, then you can bet that Copyright
and and patents wouldn't be far behind if the states tried it.  The
slippery slope of this argument is that if it is a good thing for a
university as a state agency, it's even better for the public
schools.....in The LA Unified that might not be a bad things since the
winner take all book order means that there's a lot of argument about what
should go into the books and so kids have less books than most
communities.

Richard Hartman <hartman@onetouch.com>
02/19/02 12:14 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss