[dvd-discuss] DCMA Criticism in SIAM News

In the Jan/Feb 2002 (Vol 35#1) of SIAM News there is an article on
page 1 written by Sara Robinson titled "Awaiting DMCA
Clarification, Researchers Proceed Cautiously." It begins, "Earlier
this year, David Wagner...." The latest issue isn't online yet.

 I loved the quotation from Litvack (MPAA, VP , etc.) "Carrying a
pocket knife on a plane in and of itself doesn't damage
anything,...but we arrest people who do it because the potential for
harm is so bad, we want to stop the action before the harm
occurs..." and comparing Litvack's method to prosecuting knife
manufacturers....I love the way that the MPAA toadies turn the fear
and hysteria of a bunch of illinformed people into something
advancing the DMCA.

So...David and Sara when/if you get this - Great Work!