Re: [dvd-discuss] Pro DMCA Argument Information ?

One good place to look is the RIAA website....not that they are not biased
but at least you can see what swill they are pushing.
http://www.riaa.com/Copyright-Laws-4.cfm

ALso check out the NET Act - "The NET Act also extends the criminal
statute of limitations for copyright infringement from 3 to 5 years." <I
really don't see why that is necessary.>

If you find other references to what the proponents say, post them here or
at TWIKI at openlaw. OTher than the statement that we gotta have the DMCA
to protect against PIRACY <whatever that gets defined>, there is little
else that it actually does. While ZFMW <Zulauf's Five Magic Words "for the
purposes of infringement"> narrows the scope of the DMCA to something more
reasonable, as you point out the law against copyright infringment already
exists and the DMCA only adds an extra charge to throw at someone ("The
Defendant is found guilty of first degree murder. The defendant is found
guilty of the second charge of using a rusty knife")....of course if
somebody does a bit for bit copy they don't run afoul of the DMCA either.

"Dean Sanchez" <DSanchez@fcci-group.com>
01/28/02 01:07 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss