Re: [dvd-discuss] UK ruling against Playstation mods

When I read your reply, I was struck by the fact the Kaplan's
Functional swords cuts both ways. IF <note the BIG IF> software
is judged to have less FA protection because of its "functional
aspects" , should it have the same protection under copyright as
well? It's not expressive! It's functional. Functional stuff doesn't get
copyright protection - that's what patents are for (and CODE,
recipes, and clothing don't get patented). Then It's only ONE form
of functionality and anybody can modify it to get another form ("the
two step in the hall....." <ELO>). Copyright doesn't apply and
neither does the DCMA.