Re: [dvd-discuss] Posner's views on copyright

Veering far off-topic here, there was a very funny review of Posner's
"Public Intellectuals" in Sunday's New York Times Book Review.
<http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/13/books/review/13BROOKST.html>

At least copyright terms have a plausible connection to economic theory,
though I have a nagging suspicion that Posner will undervalue the public
domain and view most of fair use as "inefficient."   Can we even quantify
the benefit the public gets from a rich public domain and generous rights
to make transformative use of copyrighted works?

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@seltzer.com
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School