Re: [dvd-discuss][openlaw]Governmenttakesmoreextremelineinsecond "Eldred" case

Yeah and the customer is going to say "why should I play your cheezy media
player when I've just downloaded (or bought) a much much better one that I
WANT to use" and "what do you mean I can't?" "shrinkwrap, schminkwrap"

Right now we have UMG doing it THEIR way. Next Sony does it THEIR way. The
next thing Columbia and Panasonic get together and decide on some scheme
where Columbia disks play in panasonic players but not Sonys. Then Sony
decides to make  players that won't play Columbia disks..TWI gets into the
act by teaming with Matsushita for their CD player combo that doesn't play
Sony OR Columbia....that almost might be fun to watch!

"John Zulauf" <johnzu@ia.nsc.com>
01/11/02 02:26 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss