Re: [dvd-discuss] [openlaw] Government takes more extreme lineinsecond "Eldred" case

More than hobbling and taxing society, copyright is a BURDEN upon it.
Copyright infringment is a CRIMINAL matter. That means to the copyright
holders free court time, free jail time for offenders because society
bears that cost. In the case of the 9800 works published in 1924 that are
out of print, there are 9800 potential court cases-more burden for
society. How can those copyrights be administered when the authors are
most likely dead and the holder of the copyright unknown.

As my Dad always admonished me about following the group "If they want to
jump off a cliff, do you want to follow them?"...applicable to Ashcrolft's
Follow Europe argumnet too.

"John Zulauf" <johnzu@ia.nsc.com>
01/09/02 04:23 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss