Re: [dvd-discuss] Inspiration or infringement

On Wednesday 26 December 2001 20:26, Tom wrote:

# I would like to extrapolate that for an argument along the lines of "at
# the current speed, copyright will be 250 years in 2025". also, I would
# like to find the year in which copyright becomes permanent (i.e. the
# term is so long that the next extension happens before even the oldest
# work expires).

We're basically already there.  Aside from the Reno gap (which was
closed by statute and is now, as everyone knows, under litigation)
no copyrights have expired in several decades, nor are any due to
expire in the near future.

Plenty of time for another extension.

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+