Re: [dvd-discuss] Draft of upcoming article

how about this

> > That is "No person shall circumvent a technological measure"
> > should be "No person shall circumvent a technological measure
> > for purposes of copyright infringement".
where copyright infringement is defined as breaching one of the following
rights of the copyright holder without permission
     1.         reproduce the work.
     2.         publicly display the work
     3.         make a derivative of the work
     4.         publicly perform the work
notwithstanding the following exemptions
    installing software
    (Some fair usees should be added to here as well)
and allowing the following defenses
finally any licence or contract granting permission to one of the rights of
the copyright holder grants that right complete. (ie a licence to copy (1)
exempts the copyright holder from bringing action under copyright law and is
limited only by contract law). licences must grant rights not granted by the
exemptions to be valid. refusal of a licence must not prohibit a person from
access to a copyrighted work subject to the conditions of copyright
(clicking no must still allow software to install).

RTFM: No just an acronym, it's the LAW!