Re: [dvd-discuss] Dmitry Sklyarov freed

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 01:52:32PM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> Planet PDF and AP are reporting (Planet PDF has a complete press
> release) that the charges against Dmitry Sklyarov have been dropped
> and he will be allowed to return home to Russia.

I can't find anything on planet pdf, but the AP story on yahoo:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011213/tc/russian_programmer_1.html
says that Dmitry will be testifying against Elcomsoft.  So this is
hardly over, although it's nice to see that nobody will be sitting in
jail while this DMCA nastiness goes to court.