Re: [dvd-discuss] Interesting Spam v Free Speech Case

>This may be of interest to the crowd here because it is another free speech
>on
>the internet case: Intel v. Hamidi
>
>http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/documents/C033076.PDF

Cool, now we can all enjoin telephone solicitors from calling
our homes.  I think a class action could even recover
huge damages under this trespass theory. I pay for my telephone,
telemarketers deprive me of it's value. Anyone paying for
caller ID can even show costs incurred in order to combat the
trespass.

Hey, I also own my mailbox, and all that unsolicited mail is
also depriving me of its full value - not to mention the huge
costs to dispose of the resulting waste. Trespass-o-rama!
Where do I sign up for THAT class action suit?