Re: [dvd-discuss] The power of a click

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:50:51AM -0800, microlenz@earthlink.net wrote:
> But your raise an interesting question. If posting it on a website is
> illegal...what of downloading it and NOT posting it?

the california suit is about trade secrets. as long as you don't
redistribute, I believe (IANAL!) you are in the clear.

NY is about DMCA. DMCA disallows distribution of tools, not posession
(again, IANAL).

besides, if you live in a country where READING something can land
you in jail, then it really is time to leave.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>