Re: [dvd-discuss] The Touretsky and Shamos debate at CMU.

You may have summarized the whole problem. THe word exclusive
has several definitions. One is "Excluding much or all; especially
all but a particular group or minority". Another is "Not divided or
shared with others". In the "digital age", the media providers wish
to extend  their exclusive rights to the latter.