Re: [dvd-discuss] MovieMask - I'm sure the lawsuit is on its way

Should be able to search through the DVD-discuss archive....if they
did...GOOD! More grist for the mill

Tom <tom@lemuria.org>
11/14/01 02:31 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss

        To:     dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [dvd-discuss] MovieMask - I'm sure the lawsuit is on its way

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 01:21:32PM -0800, Bryan Taylor wrote:
> This is a fantastic example of the kind of fair use that requires
circumvention
> tools. Who can argue that you should not be allowed to strip the
profanity out
> of
> an R rated movie so that little Johnie can watch it.

does anyone remember that this very idea - creating just navigation
info and making that available for download - was discussed on this
very list? that was quite a while ago, long enough for a reader of the
list to turn it into a product...

--
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
     Key fingerprint = 276B B7BB E4D8 FCCE DB8F  F965 310B 811A D88D 35A6