Re: [dvd-discuss] Must Copyright terms be uniform?

The question is not what is the balance between creating and
sitting back and collecing the checks. Tom Clancy can sell
millions of copies of his latest techno-opus but Harper Lee's "To
Kill A Mockingbird" has more value than ALL his works. NOTE I
used the word value not worth. Monetarily, Clancy wins but as
enriching, as progressing, a few paragraphs of Harper Lee are
worth all off Tom Clancy. <no flames. Unless You've read Harper
Lee AND Tom Clancy don't waste the bandwidth. Explain how the
subtilties of race relatinship in the 30s compares to techno-
babble...but that may be my own heritage.).

NOt everythign can be quantified for operations reasearch and evne
if it can that does note mean that the model has any validity or
applicability to the real world.