Re: [dvd-discuss] close to the proverbial bone

I forgot to put the little ;-) after my comment on their NoAudio copy
protection scheme....

But aside from that, your comment is well taken. The real question is the
permissions and the intent of the parties. Where I keep having problems
with the DMCA is that it in the situation you describe, if it is
industrial espionage, why do I need the DMCA to add an additional charge.
They came prepared with what they needed to get access - that's intent.
Why add another charge to that? <as bad as Feinstein's rider making it
illegal to discuss bomb making activity over the INTERNET. >

"John Zulauf" <johnzu@ia.nsc.com>
11/06/01 11:54 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss