RE: [dvd-discuss] FW: SJ MercuryNews, Ruling a blow for DVD indus try (11-02-2001) (Emailing: dvdsuit02.htm)

OhMiGod!  The DVDCCA is _FRENCH_ ?!?!?  No wonder they hold
the rest of us in so much contempt!

:-)

>about the
> DVDCCA is their argument that "they had it therefore they
> stole it!" and
> that the lower court didn't say.....give me proof...show me evidence
> before putting ANY injunction. If the DVDCCA can't provide
> EVIDENCE, the
> court should not even bother listening to them....

D'accord.  Even if proof is a matter for the trial, there
should be at least enough evidence that theft occurred to
call the question.  I believe that was lacking in this case.

>although I
> do realize
> that shrinkwrap licenses did play a part in the argument.

... and shrinkwrap licences have been invalidated just about
every time they come before the court.  It shouldn't have played
any part in the argument!

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!