Re: [dvd-discuss] Bunner wins DeCSS trade secret appeal

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, D. C. Sessions wrote:

> On Monday 05 November 2001 11:42, you wrote:
> > Well my personal guieline for what constitutes a program is simple, I
> > divide it into three areas:
> >
> > a.) Data (Gif files, text files, wavs files, etc.)
>
> Is a self-extracting ZIP file a data file or a program?

lol

I knew people would have fun picking this apart.

but in all seriousness, I didn't mean it to be a legal definition, but a
practical one.  Obviously because computers and the law are both something
that depend on technicalities, they cause problems with each other.

At any rate, if you made a processor that understood ANSI C natively, then
that would be binary code, and current courts would ban it ;)

 -- noah silva