Re: [dvd-discuss] Bunner wins DeCSS trade secret appeal

Technically, I think most of us would call DVD programs microcode rather
than a program but let's not let Congress loose on trying to regulate or
define it! Similarly, the motion prediction algorithms etc in MPEG are
also a form of program (microcode) since I believe they can be changed. In
some sense, Congress in their wisdom (or perhaps otherwise) stated "if it
isused by a computer. It's a program." which is what von Neumann
recognized decades ago.

Noah silva <nsilva@atari-source.com>
11/05/01 09:51 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss