RE: [dvd-discuss] Support for Eldred Vs Ashcroft in Brunner.

You're right that trade secret and copyright are mutually exclusive
but the notion that an injunction against disclosing a trade secret
can be forever goes a bit too far. Especially when coupled with
language that the person should have known or expected to
know...as the DVDCCA argued.

Of course apply this to software. I have trade secret software. I
have copyrighted software and if software patents are allowed, Look
what you've got. 20yrs on some pieces. 120yrs on others and
forever on others. What a mess! So why should software merit that?