Re: OT: Movie editing... (Was RE: [dvd-discuss] Fair use in the wild ...)

Or the courts and legal system recognize that works that are distributed
with anti-circumvention are antipodal to the goals and practice of
copyright and therefore do not enjoy copyright protection under the law.
In effect anti-circumvention, circumvents copyright and so copyright
cannot be applied to a work with anti-circumvention.

The other thing is that if I were a judge, I'd start to get concerned that
the sort of extralegal self-help that TPMs provide also erodes the power
of the courts  to adjudicate disputes and when taken to extremes they will
ultimately lose their power-which is the reason for their existance.

Wendy Seltzer <wendy@seltzer.com>
10/26/01 02:51 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss