Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 14:15, Jeme A Brelin <jeme@brelin.net> wrote:
> But that ISP should be required to offer unfiltered mail as well and that
> should be the default configuration, lest the ignorant get screwed.

*Required?*

The ISP offers whatever services it offers.  If those services don't include
something I want (e.g., wide-open access from the spam sewers of the
Western Pacific) then I can take my business elsewhere.  As it happens,
I have done exactly the opposite: chosen a mail handler who blocks very
aggressively, because once the traffic hits my inbox some of the most
effective methods don't work any more.

I worked hard to find my ISP, and you're telling me that I shouldn't be
allowed to have that choice?

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+