Re: [dvd-discuss] computers and networks 101

> >Jack Valenti and the intellectual property community. OTOH....while
> >congress is out of session, they are not passing more

BTW...

I for one, am /not/ against intelectual property.  That's one reason I
don't love GPL, as it seems to be aimed not only towards supplying free
software, but towards preventing related commercial software.

As a software developer, I do think my time and code is worth money.  If I
choose to give it away free, that's great, but I think it is something of
value that is given away.

I think that likewise, authors of books, movies, etc. (or whatever entity
owns the copyright) have a right to profit from their work.

BUT....

The reason that I am on this list is that I want to see that the public
gets their rights too.  The way to stop piracy isn't by trampling my
rights.  I will copy my CD if I like to.  If they want to go after piracy,
they should leave me alone and go after the mass pirates.

 -- noah silva